Monday, May 21, 2012

Heath, Perfect Party Salad

I went to a baby shower a a couple months ago for my sister.  My mother gave me 20 bucks and told me to buy a really good salad.  Here are some tips on making a great party salad.

1. Buy at least two dressings.  One should be a cream based and the other oil.  Make sure one is low in fat for the dieters.

2.  For the lettuce get a bag of roman for the basics.  You also want a spring mix to add texture and color.  Spring mix really adds class to your salad. :) 

3.  Sweet cherry tomatoes and red onions add color and sweetness to the mix.  Be sure not to add to many onions so people can pick around them with the tongs. 

4.  Croutons and shredded Parmesan cheese are a great salt source. These flavors mix well with the sweet ones. Plus the crouton give the salad a crunch. 

5. Sliced cucumber would be your first choice to put on top of the lettuce. It is a perfect base so the other toppings don't slip through to the bottom of the bowl.  You want to mix some toppings in the lettuce, but most should be on top. 



6.  I have a salad spinner and love it.  Look at the difference.  I generally don't like dirt in my salad. The lettuce is is a lot less heavy and fresh looking.



7. Leave the  croutons out of the salad and in the bag.  Nobody like soggy croutons. :)

This is what it look liked: 


No comments:

Post a Comment