Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cooking, Box Baking


It is OK to use a box baking product to cook.  I do make homemade brownies, cakes, and cookies from scratch. However, sometimes it is cheaper for me to use a box because of coupons.  It definitely has a convenient factor to it. Anyways, homemade always tastes better, but these products are a close second.  

 Brownies are probably my number one choice for baking in a box.  I usually get fudge or ones with chocolate chips in them.  I don't go with a store brand when it comes to these babies.  This is one of the few products I am willing to spend an extra $.50 on because I can tell a difference.  You really can't go wrong with Betty Crocker on this one.  In fact, she is sitting in my cupboard right now.  


I don't like box cookies.  They don't come out as moist and fresh tasting. Every chocolate chip cookie mix I used has hardly any chocolate chips in it.  I end up putting my own ingredients in it anyways. ugh! They never turn out right.  Plus when I make homemade I get over 45 cookies in a batch.  Duncan Hines gives me 16.  Tell me if you know of a good baking boxed cookie. 


I love Betty Crocker and Pillsbury when it comes to cakes.  These brands make great cupcakes as well. The only complaint I have with Pillsbury is he never shows up when I am cooking.  It has been a dream of mine to poke his tummy since I was a kid.  Anyways, I always add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to my chocolate cake batter.  It really gives it moisture and everyone loves it. It really is not a must though. Just a tip. ;) 



This is my first time trying muffins from a box.  I used Betty Crocker's help on this one.  RIGHT when I opened the bag I thought, "These so called berries are NOT going to do it." The "berries" were so small and were more candy looking then fruit.  I opened my fridge and added blueberries.  Only a handful.  I would not rely on the box alone on this one.  They turned out great, but with some help.  Kevin LOVED them.  



The box said six, but I easily made seven!






No comments:

Post a Comment