Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Health, a choice.

I made a decision when I was young to be healthy.  Now my teen years I was NOT doing the whole eating healthy thing right when I thought I was.  Society and culture told me to eat a certain way to lose weight so I did.  Eating five pieces of bologna for breakfast because it has no carbs in it is not the smartest decision I have ever made. They key to a healthy life is simply substitution and moderation. I enjoy so many different recipes that taste like the real thing (or close) only a lot healthier. I eat fruits and veggies more than anyone I know, but you have to have carbs sometimes......Here are some of my favs! 



NO OIL!  Here is a link that saved my life: www.thekitchn.com .  Now the only thing I do different is put them in the oven for 8 minutes.  Than I flip them in the microwave every minute until they are brown.  However, every oven and microwave are not made equal.  Just the microwave might work for you.... There are 310 calories in 2 ounces of Potato Chips.  In my potato chips (4 oz potato) there are 88 calories. As you can tell my hubby loves dip (good thing is it low calorie.)

FRENCH TOAST- 130 calories

Dash of cinnamon and sweetener - 0cals
2 tbsp of sugar free maple syrup -20 cal
2 slices of light bread -80 cal
1/2 cup of egg substitute- 60cal




PIZZA 235 calories...

1 and half English muffin -125 calories
1/4 cup of pizza sauce - 40 calories
1/4 cup fat free cheese- 45 calories
6 Turkey pepperoni- 15

Add whatever toppings you want..I added garlic, pepper, and onions. SOOOOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment