Sunday, April 22, 2012

Health, Four awesome salads

I have salad 2-3 times a week for dinner.  It depends on how many times I have them for lunch that week.  Salads are not a burden for me to eat.  I have loved them since I was a kid.  They are really one of my favorite meals.  However, I think you need to change them up once in awhile. Here are four salads I had recently. BTW, ALL of them are under 300 calories.  Most are around 250! 



Sweet Summer Strawberry Salad: 1/2 boiled egg, feta cheese, dehydrated strawberries, broccoli, and red onions.  I would use a light sweet dressing for this salad. I used Margetti Light Raspberry Cabernet dressing. 


Apple Chicken Salad:  3oz chicken breast, 1/2 dehydrated apple, broccoli, red onion, carrots, and cheddar cheese. I would use a sweet light dressing for this salad or a balsamic dressing. 



Classic Julian Salad: Deli turkey breast, croutons, carrots, broccoli, red onions, and 1/2 boiled egg. I would recommend a light ranch dressing for this.  My personal favorite is Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch.  Everyone that tries it says they like it.  It doesn't taste light. It is my all time favorite dressing with only 70 calories a serving. I sometimes don't need to add cheese to my salad because the cheese taste in this dressing POPS!




Crazy Crab Salad: I might be crazy for putting crab in my salad, but it sure tastes amazing.  Imitation crab meat, croutons, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan, red onion (of course), cucumber, and a 1/2 boiled egg. I would use light ranch for this one as well. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment