Friday, April 13, 2012

Health, dehydrating apples

Different people dehydrate for different reasons.  Mine is for snacking and toppings.  Instead of snacking on a bag of chips why not snack on crunchy apple chips? Fewer calories and it is good for you. I really like the taste and so does my hubby! 

First I start out with my GSD Mandolin Slicer.  This thing is a life saver. (I will do a blog on it soon)


After I run it through my slicer I simply cut down the center.  Most people take off the skin because it will cause the apple to go bad faster, but I don't plan on keeping this around very long. ;)


 Next, I lay them down on my dehydrator, plug it in, put the cap on, and let it dehydrate over night. 


This is what it looks like in the morning.  Ready to go!


I usually put them right into the baggies.  This will keep them portion controlled.


They go great on salads instead of croutons!  Adds a lot of flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment