Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heath, Fast food

Sometimes it is just impossible to make dinner.  You are in a rush and over stressed. The family is hungry and you don't have time to stop home.  Here is a simple list of foods I love from fast food restaurants. I probably eat fast food once a month...This is including Subway or Panera. 

My number one all time favorite "fast food" restaurant is Subway.  99% of the time I will order a veggie sub on wheat bread.  The sweet onion dressing is my favorite.  I promise if you are a veggie lover you will NOT miss the meat.  It is loaded with flavor and doesn't need cheese. It only has 460 calories so I will eat the whole foot long.  Here is a pic of my sub from last Saturday. 


McDonalds has delicious salads.  I would be super careful of the dressings.  The two dressings I would recommend are the Light Balsamic Vinaigrette (40 calories) or the Low Fat Italian Dressing (60 calories). Both dressings are from Newman.  Another tip is NOT to get crispy chicken.  This will add almost 200 calories compared to grilled chicken. OUCH!  My favorite salad is the Southwest Salad with grilled chicken (290 calories.)  The Caesar Salad with grilled chicken only has 190 calories.  Lastly, the Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken has 230 calories.  Remember to add your calories for the dressings! 
(Above: Southwest Salad.)



Some Panera Breads offer a drive through now. Even though their service is fast inside this is a great convenience. The Panera Bread You Pick Two option is great! My two options are usually the Low fat Chicken Soup (80 calories) and Smoked Turkey Breast on Country (210 calories).  I ask for no Mayo and just mustard to bring the calorie count down to around 150.  I also get wheat bread for a side (180 calories) or an apple (80 calories). 



Another favorite at McDonalds is their vanilla ice cream cone.  This is a great treat for 150 calories! 








No comments:

Post a Comment